MEET LARRY HANSLITS
Larry Hanslits is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ licensee and an Advisory Associate of The H Group, Inc. and the principal of the Salem, Oregon office. His associates Brenna Baucum, CFP®, and Katherine Suchan, CLU, CFP® work as a team to provide fee-only wealth planning and portfolio management for clients throughout the United States, but mainly in the Pacific Northwest. Their practice was awarded the "2011 Small Business of the Year" by the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce.* It has also has been listed by Medical Economics in 2006, 2008, and 2010 as one of the best financial advisers for doctors.
Larry entered the profession in 1985 and merged his practice with “Team Salem” in 2011. He serves on the Investment Policy Committee for The H Group, Inc. which provides strategies and guidance to the portfolio management team for the firm’s assets under active management.
Larry loves to teach and explain difficult concepts simply. He is an adjunct professor of graduate level financial planning classes at Oregon State University. He also speaks at professional continuing education events for various professional organizations throughout Oregon and for other privately sponsored events throughout the United States, some of which are listed under “Qualifications and Professional Affiliations.”
* The award is based on: 1) business excellence, 2) customer/client relations, 3) community service, 4) achievement recognized by other organizations, and 5) innovation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Certified Financial Planner™ professional since 1990.
- Adjunct Professor of Financial Planning, Oregon State University.
- Senior instructor, The Masters Institute III.
- Fellow, Wealth Strategies Institute.
- Fellow, the Esperti Peterson Institute.
- Adjunct Professor, Academy of Multidisciplinary Practice through Michigan State University.
- Member, Willamette Valley Estate Planning Council.
- Past Board Member Oregon Society, Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) (Now called The Financial Planning Association).
- Past Co-Chair of Programs for the Mid-Oregon Chapter of the Financial Planning Association (FPA).
EDUCATION AND OTHER EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science, Oregon State University— Business Finance, 1985.
- Past president, Peace Harbor Hospital Foundation.
- Co-Chair, Florence Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament.
- Master of Ceremonies, Florence Relay for Life.
- Married 30 years to high school sweetheart, Laurie.
- Lives in Salem.
- Two children, one working in the Portland office of The H Group, Inc., the other working for Georgia Pacific in Atlanta.
- Enjoys cooking, golf, reading, beer making, rock and fossil collecting, and fantasy football.
Return to Who We Are