Meet Katherine Suchan
Katherine Suchan is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and an Advisory Associate of The H Group, Inc. in Salem, Oregon. Her associates Larry Hanslits, CFP®, Brenna Baucum, CFP®, and Ron Kelemen work as a team to provide fee-only wealth planning and portfolio management for clients throughout the United States, but mainly in the Pacific Northwest. Their practice was awarded the “2011 Small Business of the Year” by the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce.* It was also listed by Medical Economics in 2006, 2008, and 2010 as one of the best financial advisors for doctors.
Katherine entered the profession in 1991 and joined “Team Salem” in 2016. She brings over 25 years of experience in financial planning, investment management, client service, and back office operations. Her experience and natural abilities make her an excellent addition to the team. Along with financial planning, she has extensive knowledge in Social Security planning, PERS, employer-sponsored retirement plans, and life insurance planning for individuals and businesses. She loves “What if?” questions.
* The award is based on: 1) business excellence, 2) customer/client relations, 3) community service, 4) achievement recognized by other organizations, and 5) innovation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional since 2005.
- Chartered Life Underwriter professional since 2006.
- State of Oregon Insurance Consultant license for life and health.
- Member, The Financial Planning Association (past Mid-Oregon board member).
- Member, Willamette Valley Estate Planning Council.
EDUCATION AND OTHER EXPERIENCE
- College for Financial Planning—CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification.
- The American College—Chartered Life Underwriter advanced education certificate.
- As a transplant to the Salem community from Eugene, Katherine is seeking opportunities to volunteer in her new home town.
- Past service includes: Cub Scout den mother, 4J middle school house parent. Eugene Concert Choir board member, as well as serving at her church.
- Married 34 years to husband Duane and mother of two grown sons.
- Oregon resident since 1986, moved to Salem in 2016.
- Enjoys camping, Geocaching, flat water kayaking, Broadway musicals, and the company of friends over a good food, wine, and a deck of cards.
Return to Who We Are