Meet Brenna Baucum
Brenna Baucum is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ licensee and an Advisory Associate of The H Group, Inc. in Salem, Oregon. Her associates Larry Hanslits, CFP® and Katherine Suchan, CFP® work as a team to provide fee-only wealth planning and portfolio management for clients throughout the United States, but mainly in the Pacific Northwest. Their practice was awarded the “2011 Small Business of the Year” by the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce.* It was also listed by Medical Economics in 2006, 2008, and 2010 as one of the best financial advisers for doctors.
Brenna joined the practice in 2013, and brings a unique set of talents and perspectives to the team. She specializes in the complexities of Social Security, the opportunities in tax and estate planning and the gray area of retirement. She enjoys translating financial jargon into plain English and has a reputation for creating detailed action plans to help clients dream big and achieve their goals.
Brenna was featured by the Statesman Journal as an area Young Professional and was one of four young adults selected by Rotary District 5100 for a group study exchange program in Bangalore India in 2011. This has given her unusual insight into the global economy. She works extensively with the local and national chapters of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) and attends the Willamette Valley Estate Planning Council regularly.
* The award is based on: 1) business excellence, 2) customer/client relations, 3) community service, 4) achievement recognized by other organizations, and 5) innovation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional since 2015.
- Member, Oregon-SW Washington Financial Planning Association (FPA) since 2013.
EDUCATION AND OTHER EXPERIENCE
- College for Financial Planning—CFP Certification Professional Education Program, 2015.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Oregon—Journalism and Communication Studies, 2006.
- Leadership Salem Alumni, 2014-2015.
- Video Producer, Allied Video Productions 2007-2013.
- Team Member, Rotary District 5100 Group Study Exchange to Bangalore India 2011.
- Member, Rotary Club of Salem.
- Volunteer: Rotary, FPA, SKEF, Salem Young Professionals, Marion Polk Food Share
- Board Member and Finance Committee Member, The Chemeketa Community College Foundation
- Member and past presenter, CSI Women's Leadership
- Married to Ben Baucum in 2011.
- Lives in Canby, Oregon.
- Enjoys gardening, canning, fitness, and community service.
Return to Who We Are